Almost a week until departure.
Not packed yet, but getting excited. I don't think I have much to do before I leave. I do know that I need to have lots of parties, and spend some time with my family (but not too much!). We'll see how this goes. I fly out of PDX on August 2, Saturday night, at 11:59 p.m. and then spend a few days in Washington D.C. with my fellow Congress-Bundestag Scholarship recipients, seeing museums, gallivanting about.
My host family and town both seem marvelous. I will be living with Martin, Birgit, and Svenja(17) H�tter while Tilmann(18) studies abroad in Vermont all year. They live in Recklinghausen, Germany, just outside of Essen which is 45 minutes southwest of D�sseldorf.
I figured I should probably get this started up before I leave.... I will hopefully post from this blog while over there. Maybe every two weeks? Maybe once a month? I really don't know. We'll see, I guess.
I am truly grateful for this opportunity.
Let's hang out before I leave!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can't tell you how excited I am for you, Emma. You know, you should get in touch with Uncle Bill and talk to him about Germany. He's been there many times and knows not only where the Sackinger clan came from but the names and addresses of several family members over there. If I had even the smallest memory I could tell you where we came from but of course I'm all RAM and no hard drive. I think we're from Hesse but not sure.
I'll be looking for your blogs!
Love
Aunt Sue
He Emma aller sind Sie
Yeah dieses ein Tretenesel weightlifting Messer werfendes Schwarzriemen juijitsiu Baby.
Bitte bewahren Sie sich mit diesen wunderbaren Blog-Posts.
Vom Papa.
Post a Comment