- There is more than one type of high school in Germany? As children are in the 5th grade they must choose whether they want to go to a technical highschool or an academic highschool. So really it's parents that choose, but still. But I am in a different situation. I go to a Waldorf School where half the kids have been there since Kindergarten. At my school they are allowed to go an extra year and take the Arbitur(big scary german exit exam), that is normally only given in academic high schools. But they also have to do an apprenticship like the kids at the technical school. My host sister is doing an electrical apprenticship, for example.
- Windows have no screens here.
- I've noticed huge amounts of pocket kleenex usage. As makeshift toilet paper, makeshift paper, to clean up a mess, and then also as kleenex.
- Germany is having some big problems right now with old people. But I think we're having that in America to, right? Too many old people and not enough youg people to take care for them. But here it's really extreme, because on average, german families are smaller than american families. Maybe because a lot of people live in apartments? Maybe because they realize here that there's a huge overpopulation problem in the world?
- While there is no Speed limit on the Autobahn, one can still get pulled over for going to fast. But watch out! Autobahn cops don't drive normal police cars, but rather normal civillian cars. They could be anyone..... So watch out.
- We Germans enjoy our liesure time too. We go bike riding or play board games, go for strolls through the park every weekend.
- I love you all!!!
Monday 6 October 2008
Did You Know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why don't the windows have screens? Have you asked anybody? Don't they have flies and mosquitoes and such?
I wanted to let you know that my cat, Aerial, died last week. She was 18 1/2 years old and Squeek and I miss her lots.
Miss you too.
Aunt Sue
Post a Comment