Saturday 15 November 2008

Essen Adventure.

Today I went on adventure to Essen. For those of you that speak German, you might know that essen is a german verb which means "to eat."
This is ironic because Essen isn't a city with great food, but it is a city with loads of shopping. It's crazy. My freind Lydia and I spent six hours there shoppping today. Which is a lot for me, usually I can't deal with shopping for that long amount of time. Lydia was in the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange program last year. She lived in Michigan with a family just like I'm living with a family here in NorthRhein-Westfallia.
But what I really wanted to find today were some boots. Leather boots are super fashionable here right now, and practical too. I didn't find any today, and I'm still trying to decide whether I want black or brown. I'm pretty sure I want the shorter kind ('Stiefeletten' instead of 'Stiefeln) because I think that they are a lot cuter. But today I just couldn't decide, and Lydia was no help, she was just along for the ride. She, as a good and fashionable German citizen, naturally has her boots already. :D

So, the question is: Are black boots or brown boots better?

all my love,
Emma

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My opinion is dark brown! Does that help? Also, I think the shorter boots are better, love Mom

Anonymous said...

I'M a sucker for black. It can be worn with more things than brown can. While I love the longer boots, they're usually hard to keep up, super sweaty indoors, irritating if you haven't shaved like right NOW and can make your legs look fat. Despite all that, I still like them better! LOL. Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

I would say black. And good choice on the shorter ones. I am on the search for boots as well...so when you get back we will rock them together :)
Even if it will be summer...
I love you Emma! <3
Noga

Emma said...

Okay, the wait is over my friends. Black boots have been bought, and I like them a lot. So it's good. I thought about it a long time and I shopped so hard. The whole past week. And they're so mid-calf, not too short, cause those looked lame too. But also not too long. Cause those were just annoying.
Much love,
Emma