Thursday 20 November 2008

Schwabe and Schauspiel

Today, My friends, I had my big meeting with my bundestags Abgeordnet(German version of Congressional Representative). It went well, I think. We talked about the American election that just happened. Naturally, he's pleased with the outcome, so am I. He was in Florida as it happened. And just got back from Brazil. He didn't say why he had been in Brazil..... Probably partying (hah. Joke.) (I really don't know what he was doing there). Anyway, he was nice, for a polititician. They're all the same, everywhere in the world, you know?
And then the press came, a very nice young woman, she took some notes and then a photo and then the whole deal lasted just an hour. It was demanding to talk so much and make intelligent conversation in a second language after I had already had my first school performance for Spring Awakening.
I always think in the last week that the play is going to go poorly, but then usually it goes better when we finally go before an audience. Today it was like that. The whole past week I've been stressing because no one has been taking this seriously and it wasn't going very well. Today, it went well. I was proud of our development.
I just hope that tomorrow and Saturday it keeps getting better! Tomorrow we have two shows, and Saturday just one and then we're done!

Toi toi toi! (Goodluck/Break a leg!)

With love,
Emma

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Emma,
Toi toi toi to you too. Tell us if there is a story in the newspaper, ok? - About either of your activities? I want to look up/translate. Did this guy come to your sleepy town from Berlin, or is he local? What's his name? Maybe we can dig some dirt!
Dad

Nat Adams said...

I KNOW!!!!! dear lordy i thought we were going to bomb And Then There Were None. but it actually ended up being pretty hella cool. i guess thats what you get for doubting the really weird emo kids.

Anonymous said...

Ola Emma,

So what's the name of the show and what part did you play and now that it's over do you feel it went well?
Aunt Sue

Unknown said...

dude, I saw spring awakening in new york and it was GREAT. I'll bet it's kickass in GERMANY!! And that is where you are. Farewell, and have a lovely day and year for the ages. Live it up for real. It's christmastime!