Monday 25 August 2008

Emma's First Day

I started school today. My first day!! I made lots of acquaintances today, I hope to turn them into friendships soon. I think I learned more German today than my last two weeks at language camp. Language camp, while fun, was kind of a joke. Today I had Math, German, Eurythmie(wierd dances-ish stuff)(cancelled), PE, and Electricity. Electricity was definitly my most difficult class. They have a really complicated schedule here, even more complicated than ours(would you believe it?). Every Three weeks they change two of their classes but leave the rest the same. Which is relevant because it means that I only have one more day of this Electricity class.

Okay, I guess it's kindof complicated. I went to school today, and I'll go tomorrow, even though Language Camp isn't really over. I will continue to go to Language Camp for
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The following Monday I go on a class trip for two weeks to the Hallig Hooge(near the North Sea).

PE was certainly an experience! We all got to class, and dressed down, and then we were divided by gender. The one group went to the other gym and played something and then the two groups switched. The girls went first to the other gym and the teacher asked us what we wanted to do. Asked us! We played the most haphazard game of volleyball I had ever seen and then switched with the boys to play soccer. Dangerous, yet uniquely feminine. Much flailing and yelping was involved. I think I enjoyed it.

The teacher aren't very strict here, my math teacher couldn't control the class at all.

In the tenth grade here the whole grade has to put on a play together(Waldorf School :D). We're doing a play called 'Frühlings Erwachen.' Some of you might be aquainted with a musical by the name of 'Spring Awakening' and those of you who know german will realize that those are the same titels. It's funny because they're the same storylines too. But we're not doing a musical, and I don't know if ours is the reall script that was banned in the 1800s. I haven't even read it. But we'll see. We'll see.

Much Love and Friendly Greetings

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Emma, I'm SO enjoying your blog! You know, we lived in a little town outside of Düsseldorf, called Kaarst, when Ron was about your age. He went to the International School, but got to know a lot of the German kids (and language) while he skateboarded around the area (Köln was a favorite skateboarding town). I hope he has a link to this. I'll send him one.

Keep it coming, girl. We love it.

Aunt Cris

bossypants said...

I love you! im so glad that its going ealily for you and that you have bunches of at least accuaintences. give hanne a call sometine! 011 49 177 589 3506. i dont know which number is which so ask for her. but i think its her cell.
Love
Zack

Erika said...

heya lady,
I LOVE YOU! It sounds like you are doing beautifully thus far. we all knew you would. Life goes on here. SO strange being a senior, there's so much to tell you. Would email better for incredibly long, gossip filled stuffins? OH, and I need to send you one of the world's tackiest postcards. I'm serious, its one of the worlds tackiest postcards. You're address is probably on you're blog...hmm, I'll look into that.
Love and good food always,
Erika