I study in a Youth Hostel with 17 other American teenagers from my area. They're all awesome kids, but sometimes I get a little impatient for the language camp to be over so that I can go to german school. I feel still like America, mostly, only in Germany. I talk to Americans all day, mostly in Englisch, and I almost feel like my German is hindered by being in the class, when i could be out speaking with Real Germans!
School here has alread started, at the beginning of the week. My host sister goes to class every day and I want to go with her! Probably it's mostly because I take the train 2.5 hours each way to get to Düsseldorf from Recklinghausen and she only goes 20 minutes.
It's very different to have a 2.5 hr commute when, in America I mostly rode my bike to school(not CV) from my house and it took me 7 minutes or so each way. But alas this too will pass. I walk to the buss stop(10min) take the bus to the train station(25min) the train(45min) to another train(40min) to the subway(30min) and then walk to the youth hostel(10min).
And there is the Youth Hostel, beautiful! It is about a block from the Rhein River and today we went out and studied on the riverbank in the sunshine. Lovely!I took my first wrong train today! I was super stressed, because I thought that I had missed my first train from Düsseldorf to Essen, where I change trains(even though I hadn't) so I ran onto the nearest train I could find that when to Essen. Naturally, this train was the slowest train ever to hit the world. I was three minutes late to Essen and so then I had to wait another 20 for the next train to com that would go to Recklinghausen. And of course today was the day that I went to the Naturalization Office to get my residence permit. It's not quite there yet, but we'll get it. Third time will be the charm!
Still lovin' the host family. They're hilarious.
1 comment:
Hey emma this is your brother. You missed a train. ha ha ha ha. Your my sis so I should make fun of you more often but its harder because your in germany. hope your having a Super Special Awesome time. thanks the clueless hacker
Post a Comment