Thursday 21 August 2008

Excursions

So, a few days ago my Language Camp and I made a journey in to the Altstadt of Düsseldorf. It'S so beautiful in there. I really like that in the middle of downtowns there are no cars on the streets. That's the same in Recklinghausen, and allover. It pleases me, gives everything a more cosy feel. Makes it like one big outdoor mall! except so much cooler.

What's that you see? well, I don't know, but it would seem to me to be a picture of AMERICAN APPAREL in Düsseldorf. yeah way. and they said that that was only in America. Acually, there are a lot of stores in Düsseldorf, it's kind of the king of super spendy shopping (aka Gucci and Prada and all that.) in my area. And to think that i wondered why everyone on my trains was so fashionable and expensive looking. I know it's Europe, but really, this is pushing it. ;-P

We eat a lot of breead and meat here, a lot of stereoptypical german wurst and other ground meaty stuff. It's de-lish. No joke, but i'm really glad that I'm no longer a vegitarian.

They're also big into the butter on bread and then the meat. One would think that that would be overkill, but really, it's just delicious. I eat Nutella on toast every morning. I feel a little indulgent. I feel really indulgent. But it's just so good! And it's what my host family always eats, so I figure I'm trying to integrate, right?

Today I went to Cologne!! Sooo beautiful, I like it a lot more than Düsserldorf I think. Not to be biased or anything, but Cologne is just nicer. More cool resaurants and kitchy stores! = always better.


The Dom was CRAZY. I thought it was just a dome, but apparently not! Apparently it's CRAZY. The Gothic arcitecture is wild and imposing and almost a little too intense for me. But it's old, so then it's automatically super cool. I walked all the way to the top, beheld the magnificent views and came down. More stairs at mone time than i have ever walked in my life. One spiral staircase... all the way up.

There was also a crapload of graffitti in the walls ofthe tower, which i found interesting.

1 comment:

Great Aunt Agitha George said...

wait! wait! It's interesting but you're not going to tell us!! Unfair catering to the people who raised you! We want details! How can we live vicariously through you if you don't give us details!!! (officially more exclamation points than I have ever amassed in my life.)

Aunt Sue
(Yeah, that crazy old broad!)

PS. Just for that I won't tell you about Rick!